Full disclosure: I am not a food blogger, so when I share recipes, I am sharing simply because it’s something my family enjoys and it’s easy enough for me to make. With that said, today I’d like to share my go-to cookie recipe!
My favorite thing about this recipe is the versatility. You can interchange the “fun” ingredient — the chocolate chips — with a lot of other ingredients and easily get a variety of cookies. This is the perfect recipe to make in bulk, divide, add different treats as the filler, and you’re set! Some of my favorite alternative fillers include M&Ms, festive sprinkles, peanut butter or butterscotch chips, white chocolate + macadamia nuts, or dried fruits like cranberries + chocolate or white chocolate chips.
Check it out, and be sure to pin it for later!
*can be interchanged with chocolate candies, white chocolate + macadamia nuts, dried fruit, etc.
5. Mix in the sifted, dry ingredients until just blended.
6. By hand, stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Roll cookie dough (approx. 1/4 cup at a time) into a ball then place onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing about 3 inches apart.
8. Bake in oven for about 15-17 minutes.
9. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.