I’m not a fan of the whole “new year, new me” thing. I have a lot of hopes and dreams, but I don’t want or need the added pressure that can accompany resolutions.
2019 was one of the best but most stressful years of my life as I became a foster parent — going from zero to three kids in a matter of three months! I’ve had trouble finding balance between family, working full-time, reading, and blogging, so the latter two took a big hit.
I like to re-evaluate things at the new year and set reasonable goals. Here’s what I’ve decided on to kick off 2020:
2020 Reading Goals
- Read 75 books during the year
- I lowered this number from last year’s goal, and it’s also less than what I actually read last year. I want to have a more meaningful reading experience this year, though; quality over quantity, if you will!
- Complete these reading challenges:
- Read more of what I already own
- Finish series I have begun
- Begin series that have been on my shelves for too long
- Read what I love, unapologetically
- Be more selective about ARCs I request/accept
- Being a major mood reader can be rough on my ARC list! I’m hoping to reel it in a bit this year so that I don’t have to worry that I’m not doing my part when it comes to ARC obligations.
2020 Blogging Goals
- BE. MORE. CONSISTENT.
- Post at least twice per week
- Review books closer to when I finish reading them
- Interact more in the blogging community
- Learn something new to enhance the blog
- Finish the facelift that I started (in that regard, my blog is currently under construction, so bear with me)
2020 Life Goals
- Work towards finding balance
- Make more time for myself
- Let go and be more present, particularly with my family
- Be happy
I’m trying to keep the goals simple and attainable. Here’s to hoping I achieve everything!
But, what about you? What are your 2020 goals?