HOW IS IT ALREADY JULY!?! I feel like this year is going by so quickly! Today I’m doing the Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag to recap my reading for the first half of 2019. I haven’t read nearly as much as I would have liked, but that seems to be the story of my life!
Here we go!
1. BEST BOOK YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2019?
Letters to Molly by Devney Perry is one of a couple books that I gave 5 stars! This one hit me in the feels, for sure!
2. BEST SEQUEL YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2019?
Huh…I guess I haven’t read that many sequels so far this year. The Something About Her by Rachel Higginson is part of a series of standalones, so I’m going with it! This whole series if fantastic, though.
3. NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET, BUT WANT TO?
4. MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR SECOND HALF OF 2019?
5. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT?
The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez is well-loved by many, but for me, it left some to be desired. Also, although it’s a backlist book, I didn’t finish The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye, so that was disappointing!
6. BIGGEST SURPRISE?
Another backlist book has been my most surprising read — Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson! I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I did.
7. FAVORITE NEW AUTHOR?
8. NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH?
I met quite a few swoon-worthy characters, but Ethan from The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren sticks out most.
9. NEWEST FAVORITE CHARACTER?
I ADORED Séverin Montagnet-Alarie from The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi!
10. BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY?
None? I’m pretty sure only one book has ever made me cry. But, Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan nearly made me cry! That book is absolutely heartbreaking but beautifully written.
11. BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY?
Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett! All of her book make me happy, though!
12. FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION YOU SAW THIS YEAR?
13. FAVORITE REVIEW YOU’VE WRITTEN THIS YEAR?
Hmmm this is tough because I’m super self-critical…
I’m going to go with my review of Hate Notes by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland.
14. MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU BOUGHT SO FAR THIS YEAR?
15. WHAT BOOKS DO YOU NEED TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR?
And there it is, folks! I hope you enjoyed my responses. Now it’s YOUR turn! If you feel like jumping in on this, then TAG, you’re it!