I’ve never been one for New Year’s resolutions. 2018 is different, though.
I joined the book community mid-May 2017, and it was such an amazing decision! I was often less active on my blog and affiliated accounts than I would have liked, I didn’t make as many of the connections with peers in the community as I had hoped, and I didn’t read nearly as much as I should have (seriously, I need to learn to just put my phone down).
Regardless, I did what I initially set out to do when I started in the Spring, and I can only build on my experiences and grow as a book blogger/bookstagrammer.
So, for the first time in my life, I wrote down some goals for the new year; my goals are regarding reading and blogging, of course. After all, someone far wiser than I once said: “Your dreams are only your dreams until you write them down …then they are goals.” I did just that — I wrote my goals down in my planner where I can see them regularly, and I want to share them with you:
- Reading goals: 75 books (average 5-8 books per month);
- Focus less on the numbers! It’s not about how many followers or likes/comments you get;
- Be consistent! Though you’re doing this for yourself, you have people who look to your accounts for activity, so come up with a reasonable schedule;
- You have a life outside of books — it’s okay to live it — actually, make sure you live it!!!
- Finish reading series that you’ve already started;
- Read a wider variety of books! Perhaps try more classics or those books you were supposed to read in school but didn’t (you know the movies/cliffnotes didn’t actually do them justice, and you will probably appreciate them now); and
- Do more to promote literacy/love for reading locally.
I hope to add some variety to my blog this year. Let’s be honest — I am horrible at returning tags or doing them, generally, but I’d love to do some other posts involving/connecting with other bloggers. Guest posts, maybe? Reviews, features, etc. If you’re interested, send me an email and we can talk about it!
What do you think? Do you have any of the same or similar goals? Share your goals with me in the comments of this post, and we can help each other stay accountable in 2018.
I am really looking forward to seeing what 2018 has in store for me as my first full year as a book blogger/bookstagrammer! And, I hope you all have an amazing year — I can’t wait to see what you do!
Until next time… xo